Sunday, August 31, 2008

San Antonio

Day 1--Left house at 5:10 a.m. for 30 minute drive to get on airport shuttle--2 1/2 hour drive to airport to catch plane
FEAR of flying--took half a xanax--2 1/2 hour flight to LAX--2 hour layover--took other half of xanax--got to end of runway and one engine died--towed back to terminal to wait an hour for another plane, with hopefully good engines--took half a xanax--3 hour flight to San Antonio. No Mr. Right on either flight.
Finally made it to Kari and Kevin's around midnight. Seemed to have developed HUGE cankles during flight. Lovely.

Day 2--Slept great--still have cankles. Went toobing down river, with a few little rapids. Great fun and saw a lot of turtles swimming along with us. Took 2 strong Hispanic men to haul me out of toob at get-out point. Thank God no one had a camera for that one. If those guys hadn't been there I would probably be in the Gulf of Mexico by now. Cankles down slightly.

Day 3--Almost cankle-less. Went to Mama Mia. Loved it! Then SHOPPING! Bought 5 new tops. Score. Would have bought more but ran out of time. Slight canklege.

Day 4--Took a barge tour downtown through the river walk. Beautiful, but VERY hot and humid. Mi Tierra for lunch. Yum! There was a fantastic mariachi band playing the whole time. I got their CD. Roamed around the market place and saw Miss San Antonio do some Flamenco dancing. She had nice slender ankles. Jealous. Still can't see my ankle bones.

Kari dropped me off at her house and went to pick up Kevin at work. I took a nap. Woke to the sound of a horrendus thunder storm. I have never seen it rain so hard. The streets were flooded with water. A while later after the storm Kari and I were on her back deck and I said
"Oh, you can see the river from here". Kari "No, we are not near a river." Me, looking again "I can see it through the trees." Kari looks up at this point "oh my God! Kevin!" It was a flash flood! Fortunately, we were in no danger, as her house and the others are quite a bit higher than the "river". We walked down a little later to take a look. It was pretty incredible. Sorry, I haven't downloaded the pics yet. Will post later. I got eaten alive by mosquitoes down by the "river" so we left. I am still scratching at those dang bites.

Day 5--Time to go home. Kari dropped me off at the airport. Took a WHOLE xanax. Lovely flight to LAX. In my drugged state I accidently went to baggage claim instead of catching shuttle to next terminal and then had to walk to the terminal and go back through security. Took half a xanax and had another pleasant flight to Seattle. Very important to take proper dosage of xanax.

Two plus hour shuttle from Seattle to Bellingham--Obnoxious couple with 2 obnoxious small children sat right behind and would wake me up every time I nodded off. The mother repeated EVERY word her kids said and kept telling them how smart they were. At the first stop when a few people got off I was able to move away from them. It wasn't just me, everyone else sitting close to them moved too. I think they got the hint because they toned it down after that. No
Mr. Right on either of those flights either.

Big time cankles, especially on the left. On my flights I did the foot and leg exercises, drank lots of water and got up at least twice on each flight to the bathroom. Problems with them all week. Within a few hours of coming home from work they go down significantly and no problem at all this weekend. Maybe the way I am sitting at work. I took an extra "water" pill, but that did not seem to help. I guess I need to go to doc. Looks almost like a bruise where the left cankle was the puffiest.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oz!! Your comment on the two strong hispanic men pulling you out of the Guadalupe, left me in stitches - because I was there, right behind you and the same thing happened to me. It was hard to get leverage on those rocks after our butts were suctioned to the toobs for over a couple hours.

Anonymous said...

My name is Wendy Angus and i would like to show you my personal experience with Xanax.

I am 45 years old. Have been on Xanax for 2 years now. In working with a wonderful doctor and therapist, I have learned Meniere's Disease is an anxiety=provoked condition, and is the worst thing I have ever suffered in my life. To manage this, I take a low dose of Wellbutrin everyday and have a 1mg Rx for Xanax, which I am supposed to take 3x-a-day, but to be honest, I usually only take about 3-1mg a week, so only taking it when I honestly feel "too anxious". I also take Meclizine for the Meniere's attacks and those are only as needed as well. I feel the Xanax is better to have around than not, for my personal conditions. It took me a long time to balance out my meds, and taking too much xanax feels as horrible as the withdrawl can be, as I've experienced both. Now, after much time in getting to know what my body needs and how I am feeling (like with anxiety), and removing the 'stigma' of having to take a drug to manage my conditions is now over, taking just a few pills a week seems to work beautifully.

I have experienced some of these side effects -
It makes me very thirsty (dry mouth) but seems to work well in combination with other drugs for my conditions with no ill effects.

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Wendy Angus