Thursday, August 7, 2008

Happy Birthday Boys and What was I thinking!!

Brooke's Kung Fu Panda cupcakes.

The Birthday boys, Dane and Davis

The Melting Pandas



Last night we celebrated Davis and Dane's birthdays. Brooke make adorable Kung Fu Panda cupcakes and because I think every kid should his or her own cake for their birthday volunteered to make cakes. So on the hottest day of the year I came up with the brilliant idea of ice cream cakes. I didn't want to heat up the kitchen any more than it was (90 degrees) with the oven. Not thinking about the fact that I couldn't have the "cakes" out of the freezer for longer than 60 seconds before everything started sliding off.




Needless to say, decorating them was a nightmare. At one point I actually had the cake in the freezer along with my arms and head. How does Dairy Queen do it? HA! They probably have air conditioning. Then.....I had to drive two miles to Brooke's house. My car air conditioner was just eeking out lukewarm air on high. Fortunately I made all the lights (two), while I kept an eye on the rapidly liquifying cakes.
I whipped in the driveway and ran them to the freezer. Then we forgot them until people were starting to leave! Oops. By then the kids really didn't care, they were full of pizza and Panda cupcakes.
Most important, the kids all seemed to have a great time and those boys made a haul on the toys.

No comments: