Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Date Report

Some of you knew I had a date today, so here is the report.

I was a bit hesitant because this guy, Dave, is 15 years older than me. Plus the whole dating thing makes me nauseous. On the way there I kept thinking "I really LIKE being alone".

We met in Fairhaven and sat on the green behind the Colophon had coffee and talked for a while. Then walked around and went in a few shops. We ended at Mambo Italiano for a drink and some eats. This all took about 3 hours.

The good:
He was on time.
Nice shirt and pants. Not old man clothes.
Shirt buttoned appropriately. No old man gray chest hair showing with gold chains. Yes some old guys think they are hot when they do this.
Clean shaven and well groomed. I HATE facial hair.
No strong cologne. Big turn off.
He did not talk about the ex wife. Been divorced for 3 years. He answered questions when asked, but said nothing negative.
We know some of the same people.
We have common interests and values.
He looked and acted a lot younger than his age. Probably because his ex wife was 25 years younger than him.

The bad:
He IS 15 years older than me. Maybe another 10 good years in him. I have hopefully 20-25.
Hated his shoes. Looked like orthopedic black walking shoes. Probably expensive though.
He has a cataract in one eye that he will be getting surgery for.
We know some of the same people. Yes, I know I put this on the good list too.
It is an hour and a half from his house to mine.

He ended the date with "what would you like to do next time". I guess that is a good sign. Brooke said if he didn't want to see me again he would have just said he would give me a call. We will see. Sorry y'all no pictures, although I did have my camera. I am not sure he would have been too happy if I said I needed pictures for my bloggy friends.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL, come onnnn we need a Dave mugshot. That's great, Brooke is totally right. So what did you say you wanted to do next time? The most important thing which you did not mention is did you have a good time? If it was not a possible love connection, was it at least a friend connection? How did you get set up on this date? match.com?

Rozzbin said...

Did I have a good time? Yes, it wasn't "whoopi, fun", but pleasant.
eHarmony.com. I joined for a month.

Mama Smurf said...

Soooo....what are you doing next time???

If he's a "double" dater then it must have been pretty good.

=)

Rozzbin said...

Alas, I have not heard from him since he said "what do you want to do next time". Guess he needs to learn not to mention a second date if he has no intention of following through.

Of course, there is always the chance that something happened to him. :-O

Rozzbin said...

Like a coma!