Sunday, November 2, 2008

Winter Blahs

I really have a problem with winter. I HATE IT! Starting September 1 I start feeling the blahs coming on. I am now in my full-blown winter funk. I guess that is why I have not written on my blog.

To help myself out of it, I decided to go to San Antonio with my friend Hope to visit our friend Kari. Thank you Kari for moving someplace warm and sunny for me to visit. I got a great airfare deal, only $216. Couldn't pass that up. We are leaving Nov. 13 for 5 days. This will be my third visit in less than a year. I suspect my next visit will be February the way I am going. I have some sewing projects to finish up before I go. Since Kari reads my blog I can't be more specific.

Weight---*^&($#*)@#!!!! I have been very good at diet and exercise for the last week. I have been weighing myself every day. I have found I stick to diets better if I do this. The scale has been going up and down all week, but according to yesterday's weigh in I lost 3 pounds. This morning I got on the scale and it said I GAINED 0.2 pounds. WHAT!!!! I went for a long walk first thing yesterday morning, very good about food intake, made and ate Zero point Weight WAtchers soup, etc. NO WAY I didn't lose weight. So, I got back on the scale, now it said I had lost 2 pounds. Huh? Got on again, said I had gained 0.8 pounds. Got on again, said I had lost 1.5 pounds. Got on about 3 more times, every time said something different. It is a digital WW scale that I got about a year ago. I think the battery must be going, so who knows what I have lost or gained, or really what my starting weight was. Before I weighed last Saturday, I hadn't weighed myself in about 5 months. Will get new battery today. If I find out that weigh even MORE than I do now, I will beat my head against the wall. I tell ya, stomach stapling is starting to sound like a good idea.

Well, I am off to RiteAid for a new battery and hair dye. I need to cover up the horrible highlighting job I did to myself a couple of weeks ago.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are once again writing in your blog!! Gives me a good needed chuckle at least once a week. Even though we aren't on the road anymore, I am going to start my blog up again - you inspired me. See you in 10 days or so!! Yeehaw!! We'll make you an honorary Texas Cowgirl for now!