Saturday, November 22, 2008

San Antonio in November

Another lovely trip to San Antonio to visit Kari.
My friend, Hope, also went. Our planes left and
arrived about the same time, but we were on
different flights. I decided at the last minute to
go with her and it would have cost me a lot more
to get on her flight. Worked out great though.
The weather was perfect....sunny and 70 to low
80's. I now have perfected the Xanax dose for my
fear (sheer terror) of flying. The plane rides were a piece
of cake, although I don't think I could have passed
one of those police sobriety tests when I got off the plane.
I would fall on my face if I had tried that heel-toe walk
in a straight line thing. Generally I do not sleep on planes
or shuttle bus rides, because I am afraid I will snore.
Didn't care and I happily snoozed away on the 3 hour
shuttle bus ride back to Lynden.




Vineyard just outside Wimberly Texas.









Not a very good picture, but it was a beautiful spot.


We did some wine tasting here, but their wine really


wasn't very good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was Driftwood Vineyard in Driftwood, Texas. I could have curled up and taken a nice little nap under those trees overlooking the vineyards for sho.