Sunday, July 13, 2008

Beautiful weekend

What a great couple of days. The weather is absolutely perfect and I live for the few weeks a year that we have. I bitch and moan the rest of the time.

I headed out the door at 8 a.m. Saturday for some garage saleing. Not something I usually do, but let me tell you $20 and 3 hours later I was pretty happy with my haul. I managed to put back the old laundry sprinkler bottle like my grandma had when I was a kid and the pink daisy hat/net thing that I wore on my head at Easter when I was about 9 years old. I got a couple of oven to table, to fridge pyrex covered casserole dishes, books, 4 Fire King custard cups. My best find was a 4-cup Hall teapot for $6!! It is green with a gold band around the pot, gold handle and spout. Probably would have paid $20 on eBay.

I was kicking myself for not bringing my camera. It was just such an awesome day. One house I stopped at looked out over rolling hills farmland, with snow covered Mt. Baker in the background. I commented to the owners what a fantastic view they had and they just went "huh? Oh , yeah." They were just used to it I guess.

No comments: