Sunday, July 6, 2008

Vegetarian

I might have to be a vegetarian for a while. After the Rice-A-Roni fiasco the thought of eating ANY meat is turning my stomach. I had to make a chicken dish to freeze to take to work. My coworker's wife is having surgery on her arm/hand, so we are all bringing in a main dish and a dessert for him to put in the freezer and whip out to feed the family for a few weeks. I made chicken breasts stuffed with ricotta, spinach and mozarella and covered with a tomato sauce. I was gagging cleaning the chicken and stuffing it. Under normal circumstances I would think this recipe was yummy. For dinner tonight I had mashed potatoes, watermelon and a cupcake. Not exactly balanced, but three of my favorite foods!!

I said we all were bringing in dishes, that is of course the women in the office. The men were offered the option of donating $$$ so the family could get pizza occasionally. Now I know the guys in the office and they MIGHT kick in $5 each. Kind of pissed me off that the "girls" were asked to cook and the guys just had to reach in their pocket and be done with it.

About a year ago we did this, but took money donations from everyone and then did 2 weeks worth of Dream Dinners. Of course, the women were the only ones that showed up to put the meals together. It was fun though and Dream Dinners was giving free chair massages that night. The problem was the dinners actually still require a bit of preplanning and preparation when you get ready to have them for dinner. So this time we figured it would be much easier if they just had a fully ready meal in disposable aluminum pans that just needed to be popped into the oven. No fuss, no muss.

No comments: