Friday, July 25, 2008

I made a purse!!!




I have been wanting to try making a fabric purse/tote for several months. Ever since I made a duct tape purse (first picture) for a design class last fall. I made the duct tape purse without a pattern or a sewing machine.
I decided I really needed a pattern so went off to JoAnn's last night. I haven't looked at patterns in a few years so was quite shocked that a simple pattern was $15! I was going to forget about a pattern when I saw a sign that said all Butterick patterns were on sale $1 each! Score! I bought 3 patterns, which will make 15 different purses.
This one was sooooo simple. It took 1/2 yard for the outside and 1/2 yard for the lining that you see at the top of the purse over the handle. It said it was a 2 hour pattern. I was done with the cutting and sewing in about 30 minutes. Took me an hour to sew on the 8 buttons! Geez. I am really glad I got the pattern. Simple as this was I would have NEVER figured out how to make this thing by just looking at a picture.
I need more fabric! I will be at the fabric store as soon as it opens tomorrow.

No comments: